I heart emails!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Showering Baby B...

A few months ago, my little sister Whitney gave me the best birthday present: the news that I was going to be an auntie again, this time to her first bambino, a little girlie due in September!
Not only was the presentation of the announcement the most adorable thing I'd ever seen (I literally can't bring myself to throw it away so it just sits in my closet with the rest of my jewelry and important trinkets), but I was over the moon excited for her and my brother-in-law and even more so for Henley when I found out her new cousin was going to be a girl aka her future potential bestie.

 Last weekend, we flew to Chicago to throw Baby Girl Benson a shower. And boy was she showered!
Both my older sister and I left our larger broods at home and journeyed solo to the Windy City, which was both nice for us since we rarely get away sans any kids and nice for my parents, who got to spend some quality, uninterrupted time with their three daughters and the OG fam. I can't foresee that ever happening again now that we'll all have kids of our own so it was a nice last hurrah.
The shower was held over brunch at White Oak Tavern, which was the perfect venue for the event. We took over the Barn Room, a cute little space with distressed wood barn doors and a fireplace mantel. The room already had quite a bit of character, which meant that we didn't need to do a whole lot in the ways and means of decorations. Some simple flower arrangements, spray painted pineapples (sounds weird, but trust me) and some simple balloons and bam, you've got yourself a baby shower.
Whitney didn't want to do any games, so guests socialized and ate (and ate and ate) while she opened up a gaggle of presents. We also had guests fill out advice cards for the mama-to-be, as well as fabric squares that will be made into a quilt for Baby B. Finally, in lieu of cards, we asked each guest to bring their favorite childhood book to add to the baby's library (Whitney got 4 copies of Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae, one of our absolute faves as well!).
Cutest baby shower favors, personalized wildflower seed packets, from etsy and advice cards (template also from etsy)
It was a fun day celebrating the newest member of the clan and it was nice to spend some time with Whitney's extended family and friends.

Can't wait to go back to Chicago in the Fall to meet my newest neicey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment