I heart emails!

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Currently...

Here's what's keeping me busy, as of late...
 
Making: Anything from Chrissy Teigen's cookbook, Cravings. Every single thing I've made has been a home run and her commentary is hilarious. 
Cooking: Grant was gone this week and while I've graduated from scrambled eggs and toast for the nights that he's away, I typically stick to vegetarian meals that are quick and easy to prepare. This week, I made a delicious red lentil coconut curry from one of my fave cookbooks, Small Victories and it was just as good as I remembered it being the first time.
Drinking: New drink of choice at Sbux is an Iced Grande Starbucks Doubleshot on Ice. Amaze.
Reading: Just finished The Circle and am now getting into Jodie Picoult's Leaving Time, which is really good and I wish I had more time to read!
Wanting: These joggers, which look so soft and stylish and would be perfect for school runs... Also, totally loving the current pom pom/tassel thing that's trending in the world of fashion accessories - purses, earrings... I cannot get enough and it's motivating me to get my ears, which have sadly closed up, re-pierced stat.
Looking: At lots of pictures and videos of the boys when they were babies, their current go to request at bedtime while we do timer.
Playing: Tennis! The boys did tennis camp last week and so on Sunday, we went to the courts to hit the ball around. We learned a few things... 1) Tennis camp at that age is more sharks and minnows and less learning actual tennis. 2) If you don't use a racquet for 5+ years, the grip literally falls apart in your hands. and 3) I forgot how much I loved tennis and plan on trying to incorporate that into our lives again, especially now that I know of the handy courts right by our house.
Eating: Too many salads this week. We were feeling fat so got motivated to eat healthy but I feel like I've been living off of rabbit food and am ready for some more sustenance in my life.
Wishing: That school wasn't starting in less than 2 weeks... where did the summer go??!
Enjoying: Our pool, which has been amazing for the summer. I remember when I was a kid, I used to live in our pool in the summer and the boys are definitely following suit. Even Henley loves it, yelling, "pool! pool!" and carrying around a bathing suit with her everywhere she goes.
Loving: Beauty Counter Dew Skin, a new tinted moisturizer I recently started using. It has everything you're looking for in a light coverage everyday base - even SPF!
Needing: To start waking up earlier. I'm tired of being so rushed every damn morning and think I should just bite the bullet and get up an hour earlier, especially with those busy school mornings right around the corner. 
Smelling: An old favorite perfume that I recently started wearing again and that makes me nostalgic for my high school days.
Feeling: Like doing some spring cleaning in the summer. I'm three quarters of the way through my closet, most of which I intend to consign at a new shop I recently discovered in LA. I'm also finally donating the extra crib we've had sitting in our garage for the better part of a year and planning on going through the kids' toys this weekend to give to Baby2Baby.
Wearing: My new knotted slides, which my mother-in-law brought me from Tootsies Laguna Beach. Obsessed.
Following: The ridiculousness game show that our country's political scene has become. Every morning, I turn on the news to see who's the latest to be voted off the island. If only it really were just a big game...
Looking forward to: My trip to Chicago in October to meet my new niece. I just booked tickets for a special Greyson and Mama trip and I'm super excited to spend some one-on-one time with him and also meet the newest member of the Mailloux clan.

1 comment:

  1. The food at this venue was excellent, as was the service, many of our friends and family still rave about it. My wife and I highly recommend the event space San Francisco. We came here again for dinner and everything was again good and the service was extremely fast.

    ReplyDelete